Google Analytics

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pumpkin Love

Like every other blogger out there, I love pumpkin. Here are a few of my favorite pumpkin treats.

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie:

1 cup vanilla soy milk (this definitely tastes better with soy milk vs. cow's milk)
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (you know me, I don't measure)
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup plain yogurt
Tiny splash of real maple syrup
Ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste (I even used some fresh ginger this week as I was fighting off a cold)

Pumpkin Pie Latte:

I love the idea of Starbuck's pumpkin pie latte, but it's way too sweet for my tastes. Plus, the calories--for 400 calories, I'd rather eat a pumpkin bar and drink black coffee, thank you very much. I'd seen copycat recipes that called for real pumpkin, but I always kind of thought they sounded gross. But after I read that pumpkin would help me fight off my cold, I decided to give it a try. So here's what I did.

Warm up about 1/4 of coffee cup full of vanilla soy milk. (Again, soy tastes better here.) Add a spoonful of canned pumpkin, and cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to taste. Stir it up. Add whatever coffee you're drinking. I've been using Starbucks vanilla, and it's yummy.

Baked Spice Pumpkin Donut Holes:

Go try them. Not a health food, but worth it.

2 comments: