Google Analytics

Monday, May 24, 2010

Rock Your Socks Virtual 10K


I participated in Racing With Babes's Rock Your Socks Virtual 10K this morning. And while my 10K was not the speediest, I think I did rock my socks. Here's the deets:

I intended to run my 10K Saturday morning, but Little Baby Naughty Pants was not too keen on me getting up early, and by the time I finally got out the door, it was 9:30, hot, and windy. And my legs were still killing me from an ill-advised interval work-out on Thursday. So I stopped after 3 miles on Saturday and decided to try again this morning. (The race was supposed to be completed by Sunday, but I'm a rule-breaker like that. Actually, I'm not. I feel totally like a slacker for not being able to do a totally flexible race in a three-day time period, but at least I got it done.)

I got up at 5 this morning, slipped into my rockin' socks, and headed out the door. This is the first time I've ever run further than 5 miles, so I treated this like a long, slow run and didn't try to be speedy at all. Except for once over by the grade school, I thought I saw a loose dog and picked up the pace to avoid it. I then missed a curb and totally wiped out on the concrete. Total pratfall. Picture me, face down on the sidewalk, right outside my daughter's classroom window. Luckily no one was around to see it. And it turned out to be a tricycle and a Wal-Mart bag, not a dog at all. Hey, it was dark and hard to see. And if you'd been bitten by a white trash dog and had to get stitches in Chris Gardner's dining room (luv ya, Chris and Cathy), you'd be paranoid about loose dogs, too.

As I was finishing up, it started to drizzle and then rain, which felt wonderful! Final time: 1 hour, 9 minutes, 23 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Love those socks! Great PR... since it was your first time running more than 5 miles!

    Found your blog from the RYSO race.

    ReplyDelete