Google Analytics

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A couple of yummy, healthy recipes

I made this recipe for black bean soup with toasted cumin crema from Smitten Kitchen a few weeks ago, and I'm making it again tonight for a Super Bowl party. (Not that I'll actually watch the Super Bowl or anything.) The soup is delicious, and it smells wonderful as it cooks. And it's incredibly easy...chop a little, saute a little, and toss it in the crock pot. Since I don't have a spice grinder or mortal and pestle, my toasted cumin crema probably isn't as good as it should be, but it's still pretty good.

Yesterday I tried a healthy recipe for chocolate chunk, walnut and oatmeal cookies that I found over at Me and My Pink Mixer. The dough is really try. Incredibly dry. In fact, after I made the first pan full, I added some extra melted butter because I didn't think the cookies would stay together as they baked. But they did, and Ryan thought the cookies without the extra butter were even better than the ones I added the butter to. The cookies are very crisp. While I usually prefer soft cookies, these are still pretty good. Ryan thought they would even be good without the chocolate chips. I think they would be good with raisins, but since I'm the only one in the family who likes raisins, I probably won't try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment