I took Alex, Ava, Ella, and Emilia to the Satanta Pool yesterday. Here are just a few of my thoughts on the experience. (Prepare yourselves for a rant.)
- If your child is young enough to swim in the baby pool, you need to be there.
- Laying out on the other side of the pool with your back to the baby pool does not count. Come on, people, we're talking about water here. Your child could drown while you're working on your tan. You're not that hot--who cares whether or not you get a tan? Besides, you could get skin cancer and your child could drown. Now that would suck.
- Don't leave your child in the baby pool while you go outside to smoke. I suppose that's better than taking your child with you when you smoke, but how about you just quit smoking?
- Bringing your own snacks to the pool might be economical, but sending your three year old with an entire bag of BBQ chips seems a little extreme.
- It's just weird for grown women to go to the swimming pool in matching swimming suits. Did you call each other up first? Have you been planning this for weeks? Come on, you're not nine anymore. Stop planning your matching outfits and watch your children.