Google Analytics

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Electrically speaking

We had a bad week with things that plug in.

My CD player at school stopped working.

My iPod speakers refuse to turn on.

The smoke detector in our room has started going off whenever we take a shower. It went off at 2:30 a.m. on Friday until we turned the humidifier off. And since all our smoke detectors are hard wired together, we got to hear beeping all over the house.

I bought a new surge protector. It doesn't work. At all. At least I kept the receipt.

Setting up the new wireless router took two phone calls to our Internet provider and a long conversation with LinkSys tech support. Finally I paid $10 for tech support to somehow connect to my computer and set everything up for me. I don't really understand--when I installed our first router, I had absolutely no problems. But this router seems to hate me.

Hopefully everything that could break already has and our string of bad electrical luck will be over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment