Google Analytics

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

This week is VBS. Since our VBS runs Tuesday through Saturday, I've been confused all week; today seems like Wednesday instead of Thursday.

Emilia's separation anxiety has reached all new heights. She absolutely refuses to stay in the nursery. She finally decided that she likes Stacey King, so Stacey's been carting her around all week while I teach the Bible lesson and Ryan helps with crafts. Emilia is working on her fifth tooth.

I've learned that Ella is that kid who always wants to participate and throws out completely odd-ball answers. I've really had to get creative to validate and tie in her responses sometimes. Ella lost her third tooth this week.

VBS hasn't been quite as much fun as usual this year. I'm not entirely sure why. I think part of it is that my part (Bible Bayou) hasn't been as activity-based this year. I think Saturday will be more fun. The kids will part the Red Sea, and we'll get to spray water on them. The kids always like that.

Ella went swimming with Alex and Ava today. I got in the water briefly--it's still really cold. I can't wait for it to warm up enough for water aerobics.

It doesn't really feel like summer break yet. I think once VBS is over, then it will sink in.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you miss Blake as your partner in VBS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Nicole. Heather's doing a good job, but it's just not the same. I'm going to have to kick Blake's butt this weekend for ruining VBS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even volunteer for VBS this year b/c I knew Presley would be crying for 3 hours straight, 5 days in a row. Every Sunday, when I pick her up from the nursery, her eyes are all red and blotchy. No teeth for us, yet. Drooling like crazy though-Avery's about to loose her 4th. It's so cool to read about your girls since their so close in age to mine. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete