Google Analytics

Thursday, May 14, 2009

If she's like this now...


Ella has always had some disturbingly teenager-like qualities--changing clothes five times a day, throwing fits when she can't figure out what to wear, wanting different shoes for each outfit. And she's been a little drama queen since birth. But lately she's been taking things a little to far (and spending a lot of time in time-out as a consequence).

Quotes from Ella this week:

After I asked her what she was doing, "Something that's none of your business."

When I went to get her out of time-out, "But Mommy, it wasn't any of your business."

When I suggested she practice walking to school before doing it on her own, "If you trust me to walk home from Julie's, you should trust me to walk to school, too."

Later on that same evening, "If you're going to treat me like this, you don't deserve to have me. I'm leaving this house and never coming back." Ten seconds later. "And I'm taking blankie with me."

I had to hide my face so she couldn't see my laughter on the last one. At least it kept me from losing my temper. Ah, the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. My child is an angel who has never been exposed to sarcasm or irony. She is a breath of fresh air in a world polluted by cynicism.

    Father of the Monster

    ReplyDelete