Google Analytics

Monday, May 25, 2009

Road tripping

It took us six hours today to get home from Derby, a trip that usually takes less than four hours. This was our trip:

We leave Brandi's house at 10 a.m. As we pull out of the driveway, Ella (who had already had breakfast) announces she's starving. We stop at McDonald's on the way out of Derby.

As we're on 235, I realize I have to pee. As we approach Kellogg, I realize I really really have to pee. We stop at Babies R Us so I could go to the bathroom and look at jogging strollers. Luckily, I was able to find a jogging stoller--maybe this will actually motivate me to get some exercise.

We leave Wichita. As we get to Kingman (30 minutes later), Emilia starts crying and Ella starts whining that she's starving. So we stop to eat at Subway.

We leave Kingman. The baby is quiet for a few minutes but soon starts screaming. We stop in Cunningham (15 minutes later) to change the world's poopiest diaper. We talking poop all over the car, all over her dress, poop all over my shorts, poop all over the changing pad poopy. Always fun to deal with poop when travelling.

We drive another 15 miles to Pratt. We stop at Walmart in a fruitless search for VBS supplies.

Finally Emilia falls asleep. We drive to Ensign to change drivers. Emilia wakes up. We stop at Montezuma so I can feed her.

Emilia cries all the way to Copeland (10 miles away). We stop so I can change her diaper. Ryan climbs in the back between the two carseats to entertain Emilia the remaining 20 miles.

We finally arrive home at 4 p.m., six hours after we started, just in time to decorate for VBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment