Google Analytics

Thursday, April 23, 2009

For the love of coffee

Emilia seems to have inherited her parents' love of coffee. Here she is trying to drink Ryan's coffee.

Her favorite toy right now? The cardboard sleeve coffee shops put around a hot to-go cup of coffee.

This sleeve came from the new coffee shop, Common Grounds, in Hugoton. We ate lunch there the Saturday before Easter and were quite impressed. My latte was good (not just "okay for a small-town coffee shop that doesn't really know what espresso is," but really good--I would put it right up there with Starbucks and Peet's).

My coffee shop cravings have diminished significantly since I got a Moka Pot, a stovepot espresso maker.
Mine cost about $20 from Amazon, and it makes the best coffee! I use cheap espresso from Target and mix it about with warm skim milk. A $4 container lasts me a couple of weeks.


If I only had a good milk frother, it would be really compete with a latte from a coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment